Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed on Monday that Israeli forces had intercepted another flotilla heading towards Gaza, describing it as a “malicious” plan.
“The operation is being carried out with remarkable success... See it through to the end,” Netanyahu told the commander of the Israeli naval forces responsible for the operation.
“I believe... that this is foiling a malicious plan designed to break the blockade we have imposed on Hamas terrorists in Gaza,” he added, according to a statement from his office.
Israeli military forces intercepted the Global Sumud flotilla for Gaza in open waters off Cyprus, according to the organisers, who said on X that the mission included around 50 vessels that had departed from southern Turkey last week.
Videos circulated online appeared to show Israeli naval commandos boarding one of the vessels off the coast of Cyprus. Earlier, Israel had warned participants that they “must change course and return immediately”.
Source: CNA


